tasque

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 07:00:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 11:43 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> I am using tasque application on Ubuntu Desktop Linux 10.04. Is there
> a way to alert me for any pending tasks which has been added in
> tasque, something like popup etc.
> or are there better applications which can take care of my specific needs

For the purpose of tracking tasks, I typically use Evolution's 'Tasks'
manager. It appears to have the same features as Tasque (minus the
'Remember the Milk' plugin, but I'm sure you could still set this up
somehow). However, Evolution's Tasks manager has the added bonus of
letting you add attachments to tasks, and more task syncing/publishing
options.

For tasks with 'reminders' I usually just create an appointment in
Evolution's 'Calender' with a pop-up 'alarm' in it, and deselect the
'show time as busy' option. Alarms on a task can be customized
significantly.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew