Document viewer incapable of saving settings

Mark mhullrich at
Mon Nov 15 21:33:43 UTC 2010

I have now run into this enough times to complain.

I routinely use evince for viewing pretty much any file that defaults to it
for viewing, particularly PDFs.

It opens every single document I view with the view set to "Fit Page Width."
I've tried changing this and then clicking on "Save Current Settings as
Default" but they *never* get saved, they *always* revert to "Ft Page

Am I missing something or is this just a known bug in evince?  (It worked
back in GNOME 2.16....)