Good value maybe. handheld computer + phone @ RadioShack $200 only til Nov 20? $25/m unlimited internet; jor

Aart Koelewijn aart at mtack.xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 15 13:45:59 UTC 2010

-----------------------

------------------------

> Runs Android 2.1.  The RS (IIRC) sales guy said Samsung doesn't have 2.2
> on any Samsung phones yet, although 2.2 has been out for about 6 months.
>
> If I should leave Android on it, what might I do about it not having 2.2
> available?  Is that of much importance?

I have a HTC mobile phone which ran Android 2.1 when I bought it, but was
shortly after the purchase automatically updated to Android 2.2

With 2.1 the only way I know to use this phone as an internet connection
for f.i. a laptop, was by USB connection and running a special Windows
program on the laptop. As I don't run windows, I never tried it.

With 2.2 my cell phone can be set to be used as a WiFi hotspot to which I
can connect with my laptop in the usual way using WiFi. I have not yet
had the need to do this, so no experience. I expect it to be rather
expensive with the fees I pay, but a good last resort.

For you I expect this will mean yuo will have to wait for Android 2.2

Aart