No Sound :(

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 14 03:27:12 UTC 2010

On 14/11/2010 11:10, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 14/11/2010 01:32, Douglas Pollard wrote:

[pruned]

>> I started the thread a couple of weeks ago before Nathan ever posted
>> his question. I thought Nathan had hijacked my thread. I just went back
>> and looked and the wording of his subject was slightly different than
>> mine so maybe I did.
[pruned]

> I'll see if I still have the thread you started, but I doubt I still
> have it so may have to go to the archives, to see what you wrote re your
> problem hassle with sound. But read what I wrote to Nathan yesterday.
>
> BC

I went back to the archives and can see that you actually started a few
threads with the same topic. I also noted that both Mark and Christopher
said that the driver(s) for your sound device (?it's an onboard unit,
right?) were not being loaded. There was also the reference to a bug
report here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/664785
which then also led to another one. Have you followed through on these
reports?

The problem you are having is something else to what Nathan was
experiencing and therefore it is beyond my limited knowledge. The only
suggestion I can make is to follow thru on those bug reports and see if
the solution to the problem has been found by now.

BC

--
A man kept complaining about not having shoes to wear - until he saw a man with no legs.