Exim4-Amavisd-new not working after upgrade

Aart Koelewijn aart at mtack.xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 13 13:53:46 UTC 2010

------------------------------------

> I checked the config files for exim4 and amavisd-new but can not find
> any changes. I also checked them against the examples in the docs, but
> they seem ok.

I will answer my own mail again ;-)

Carefully checking the documentation I made some changes to the config
files off exim4. It still did not work. then I though "What the hell, I
feel lucky, I will stop and start amavis again" And that did it. So it
seems somewhere along the way amavis had stopped, and maybe the changes I
made to the exim4 config did something, maybe not, I'll never know. The
one thing I know: the next time it will not work I will restart the
program first before I try anything else.

Aart