new to ubuntu

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 02:27:15 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 10:59 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 13/11/2010 08:23, Ric Moore wrote:

> >> Me too - why the hell didn't *I* think of that? First!???
> >>
> >> 'swhy I'm broke and some ignoranus is getting rich off our clicks....
> >>
> > Nothing gets me to swearing more than waiting on a website to get
> > finished sending me to adclick, especially when it's slow to respond.
> > The air turns blue around here and I know I'll pay for that when I go to
> > meet the Creator of the Universe.<swears again>  Ric
> >

> Then why don't you install the appropriate Add-ons for Firefox and avoid
> all this?

Apparently some of my favorite sites have caught onto the adblockers and
flashblockers (msnbc and PBS) and will not serve the video. Everything
works peachy with them off, as I used to beat my brains out trying to
watch their videos. Now I can watch Gwar, who I am astonished to find is
still touring. They are supposed to be from Richmond VA, of all places.
Not too far from here. Ric

Linux user# 44256