Active Directory Domain on Ubuntu

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Nov 12 11:33:48 UTC 2010

On Friday, November 12, 2010 06:30 PM, Mariano Jara wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 08:50 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> On Friday, November 12, 2010 06:09 AM, Mariano Jara wrote:
>>
> <snip>
>> For the home, Ubuntu is fine. For the corporate desktop where there may
>> be policies to be enforced and nothing will do it except KDE3 which is
>> no longer on any current mainstream distro.
>>

> Christopher, which distro would you recommend for the corporate desktop
> today?

...the only distro that has tools for say 'group policies' is Ubuntu
Hardy that i know of but I cannot recommend that given its state of affairs.

You might want to give Debian Lenny a try if you don't have to use
proprietary X drivers or are willing to deal with them. It comes with
KDE 3.5.10 and I believe you should be able to get kiosktool for
managing group policies.

That is all I can say for now. If and when kiosktool is updated for KDE
4.x, then we can take another look.