Fedora 14

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 22:18:59 UTC 2010

Den 2010-11-11 21:16:11 skrev Mark <mhullrich at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Bill Wright <pegasus at sc.rr.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone had experience loading FEDORA on a "Netbook"?
>>
>> I have had poor results with Ubuntu desktop and unity..both big hassle.
>>
> I don't have a netbook, so I'm just wondering if you've tried Ubuntu
> (I'm guessing 10.10, too) without Unity.  A number of folks here seem
> to like it.
>
> Mark

I am one of them. I had some netbook version, I don't remember if it was
Eeebuntu or Ubuntu Eee, but I didn't like the GUI so I uninstalled the
netbook bullshit and everything was fine again. Since then I had Mandriva
for a while but after a year or so I went back to Ubuntu, I think 9.04.
Mandriva started up a lot faster than Ubuntu (8.10 and previous) and the
Sleep mode was very fast, but since Ubuntu 9.04 Ubuntu was even faster and
now I run Ubuntu 10.10 on my Eee. It works fine but unfortunately it
starts slower from Sleep mode than 10.04. At least it feels like it.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg