Abiword can't print long RTF file

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Thu Nov 11 22:14:10 UTC 2010

I've been writing a program that produces RTF files. The program runs on MacOS
and on Linux (it's written in REALbasic).

On MacOS, the RTF files are opened and printed by TextEdit with no problem.

On Ubuntu, documents that are only one page display and print well. Documents
that are several page long display OK but when it comes to printing I get
crazy results (some letters and numbers print across the page. The layout
seems to be preserved but it's as if only the first character of every
sentence is printed. This shows on the print preview though...).

Anyone also encountered this behaviour and maybe knows a workaround?

Thierry

--
"We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth, an there
is a vast ignorance of science" James Lovelock