Ubuntu 10.10 bug w AC97 sound card

johnstark johnstark at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 10 20:45:09 UTC 2010

I tried a 100 different things and nothing has worked. And even better, now
I have no audio at all, somewhere along the line today pulseaudio got
removed.... I tried to do a reinstall of 10.10 but it wanted to make another
partition instead of going over the previous install. This is rediculous in
so many ways. First how could anyone release something that won't work with
something as major as sound and the many apps it is needed for. Second, how
could they release something that can't be reinstalled to repair the
original install? I don't get it, and I know i I did that in my beta testing
I do on products I'd be out in a heartbeat! We could never release a product
this buggy and not be laughed out of the industry!
 The worst part is I have now lost 3 days of testing a product thanks to
this mess, and I am not alone, there are 10 others wondering how this could
be allowed to be put out there when it just won't work properly. It's almost
like none of the writers or pre-release testers use their sound cards for
anything but basic sounds and not real world uses.

 Well now to try and figure out some way to get audio on this darn thing.
The computer in question has no internet connection so that doesn't help
either.

John