Kickstart: is there a way to host installation files locally without creating an entire mirror?

Masao Kitamura masaok at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 20:23:48 UTC 2010

I just noticed that this:

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/maverick/

...has the same directory structure as the 10.10 ISO.

So, I mounted the ISO and created this:

http://my.local.domain/ubuntu

And edited my Kickstart file to this:

url --url http://my.local.domain/ubuntu

However, the installation still spends a lot of time retrieving files
from somewhere, not my local webserver.