Active Directory Domain on Ubuntu

Mariano Jara marianojara at afip.gov.ar
Wed Nov 10 10:40:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 17:00 -0600, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 11/09/2010 03:54 PM, Mariano Jara wrote:
<snip>
> > The thing is that my employer is implementing an Active Directory Domain
> > in order to control and manage some 21,000 desktop PCs, and (I guess) I
> > may be the only one not running Window$ (AFAIK), so they're not catering
> > for users like me precisely. Which means that, I have to find my way
> > around if I am to avoid being dragged down to M$. In other words, I need
> > to give them the solution; otherwise, I have no choice but to go back to
> > Windoze.

<snip>

> > Is that enough? Or do I need anything else? Any piece of advise on how
> > to go about it would be greatly appreciated. If more information is
> > needed, please let me know. TIA.
>
> I need more info please, first things first:
>
> 1.) What is this "Window$" you speak of?
> 2.) What is this "M$" you speak of?
> 3.) What is a "Windoze"?

1) Window$ refers to Windows
2) M$ refers to Microsoft
3) Windoze refers to Windows
According to what I've read in previous posts in this list.

--
Mariano

key 0x310AAA6E GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
http://pgp.mit.edu/
http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/

Registered Ubuntu user #30096
Registered Linux user #503216