Cannot Launch Apps on panel on 10.04 Desktop

Mark mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:13:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I did right click on Applications and clicked on Edit Menus it did not
> worked to check for command option.
> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/528557/
>
> Please suggest further

Okay, let me try again, assuming that NoOp didn't answer your question
(re Gnome Do).

Left click on the Applications menu, pick out any application and
*right*-click that app's icon.  One of the options is "Add Launcher to
Panel."  Left-click that.  Then go to the panel where that app's icon
should now exist and right click that icon.  Select properties and
look at what shows up in the command pane.  Try running that command
from a terminal command line.

If the command works, you're past my level of experience.  Either
something else is wrong with your gnome, or you may well be running
gnome-do (about which I know nothing).

Good luck.

Mark