no sound on Ubuntu 10.10

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 9 02:35:43 UTC 2010

I lost sound when upgrading from 10.04 t0 10.10. I tried switching to
alsa. Below is what I am getting from the terminal.  Does this make
sense to anyone.

              Doug

douglas at ubuntu:~$ sudo lshw -c sound
   *-multimedia UNCLAIMED
        product: VT1708/A [Azalia HDAC] (VIA High Definition Audio
Controller)
        vendor: VIA Technologies, Inc.
        physical id: 1
        bus info: pci at 0000:20:01.0
        version: 10
        width: 64 bits
        clock: 33MHz
        capabilities: pm msi pciexpress cap_list
        configuration: latency=0