will 11.04 replace bash

claudiomet claudiomet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 15:31:40 UTC 2010

Unity replacing Bash ? ...NO! are different tings.

Bash is a shell for text environment like csh, tcsh, zsh, ksh, etc.
Unity is a graphical environment like gnome, kde, xfce, lxde, etc.

2010/11/8 Loïc Grenié <loic.grenie at gmail.com>:
> 2010/11/8 Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com>:
>> I read an article here
>> http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7898?hq_e=el&hq_m=1111696&hq_l=5&hq_v=f0474d6cc6
>> I am a bit worried will the new Desktop Unity replace Bash also and it
>> will introduce a new set of commands?
>
>    The GNOME shell is not a substitute for bash (or any similar shell). It is
>  a graphical interface. They peacefully coexist. Unity is graphical while
>  bash is text.
>
>      Loïc

Claudio Cortes
+56 (2) 2994121

Meteorologo
Laboratorio de Meteorologia y Pronostico de la Calidad del Aire (LMPCA)
Unidad de Modelacion y Gestion de la Calidad del Aire (UMGCA)
Centro Nacional del Medio Ambiente (CENMA)

--
Claudio Cortes
+56 (2) 2994121

Meteorologist
Meteorology and Air Quality Forecast Labs
Modeling and Air Quality Management Unit
National Enviroment Centre, Chile (CENMA)