Synaptic history

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 8 14:28:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:39:00 +0000
R Kimber <richardkimber at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Interesting. I have package 0.63.1ubuntu14  Did you get your 10.10 by
> upgrade from 10.04, as I did, or is it a fresh install? (I do
> sometimes wonder whether I should re-install every so often, but
> re-configuring and getting everything working properly again is such
> a pain that I only tend to do it when I get a new machine.)
>
> - Richard.

My 10.10 is the first fresh installation of Ubuntu I've done since way
back when.  I usually just upgrade but /home/cybe was filling up with
dot files I knew nothing about.  Could that have something to do with
it?
You know, a separate /home partition will help you through upgrades
without losing configuration.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong
one. "Do it yourself". That's it.