Installing Ubuntu

Stephen stephen_o at rogers.com
Sat Nov 6 23:13:57 UTC 2010

On 05/11/2010 4:04 PM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 5 November 2010 17:30, Stephen<stephen_o at rogers.com>  wrote:
>> I've had to re-install windows three times. Every time it over writes
>> the MBR and I have to reinstall Ubuntu as well. If the boot loader is on
>> a floppy instead of the MBR that problem goes away. Every one else that
>> uses the computer uses windows.
> No need to reinstall ubuntu when Windows scribbles on the MBR.  See
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows
>
> Colin

Thanks Colin.

That was the first option that I tried. I followed the instructions to
the letter. After doing that Ubuntu started fine, but windows didn't work.

I had to restart my system after a Ubuntu update and then the system
wouldn't boot at all. Neither Ubuntu or windows would work

I had to reinstall Windows again, and as yet I haven't reinstalled
Ubuntu. Everyone else that uses this system uses Windows.