E100 Driver

Joshua Wambua gmail at blueprint-group.co.ke
Sat Nov 6 08:37:18 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Christopher Chan
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 11:34 AM
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: E100 Driver

On Saturday, November 06, 2010 04:22 PM, Joshua Wambua wrote:
> ...your interface is not configured...
>
> I don't use NetworkManager, I edit /etc/network/interfaces directly, so
> if you want to use NetworkManager, I shall let others step in.
>
> If you don't want to use NetworkManager, we can help you with the
> entries and resolv.conf but you have to supply the details.
>
> Thanks
>
> My IP should be 192.168.0.25, gateway is 192.168.0.7, and dns is
192.168.0.7

You want entries like this in your interfaces file

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
         address 192.168.0.25
         netmask 255.255.255.0
         gateway 192.168.0.7

You want this in your /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 192.168.0.7

After they have been done, /etc/init.d/networking restart

To test:

ping 192.168.0.7
dig www.google.com

If they check out, then make sure networking does run on startup. Reboot
and check that things still work after booting back into Ubuntu.

Sorry, I have seen it in your earlier post