Three issues with 10.10

Curtis Vaughan cavaughan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 00:01:20 UTC 2010

To start off I want to differentiate 2 computers. A1 will be my AsusOne
netbook. Dell will be the Dell Linux Laptop. Both are using 10.10.

Issue 1:
After upgrading to 10.10 Alt+F1 and Alt+F2 do absolutely nothing on the
A1. They work fine on the Dell. Does this have something to do with the
new Unity Desktop which is on the A1, but not being used on the Dell. I've
check keyboard shortcuts and they are there. But they don't work.

Issue 2: Personally I don't like Unity. It takes up too much real-estate
on the desktop. Is there a way to return to the Netbook remix desktop?

Issue 3: I never noticed this before and I have not checked this out on
the A1 yet. But on the Dell I cannot drag and drop something between apps
by picking it up in say nautilus and then using the Alt+Tab to switch to
another app where I want to drop it. Alt+Tab doesn't work. I would swear
this worked before, but then....
I thought it might have something to do with Compiz, so I disabled it.
Still didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks.