pgm memory usage

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Fri Nov 5 22:04:42 UTC 2010

Hello Mark,

Friday, November 5, 2010, 10:45:13 AM, Mark wrote:

M> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:50 PM, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
>>

>> Let me rephrase the question a bit. I have 4 desktops. In desktop 3
>> there are 4 copies of konq running, which can be seen in the icons at
>> the bottom of the screen. Question: how can I determine the PID of the
>> **3rd-from-the-left** icon/copy of konq in desktop 3?
>>
M> I'm not sure about that, but if you can see in top (or similar)
M> which process is using the big gobs of memory, just kill that one
M> and see which window pops.

That's exactly what I don't want to do. I normally have several
'projects' in the works, using several pgms each. If I kill one of the
important processes in a 'project', I may have to start over or do
some recovery to get back to where I was.

If I can ID the exact window, then it tells me which project needs to
be finished so I can then close the memory hogs *after* I am finished
with the project.

The window ID is the key...

--

 rikona