Ubuntu 10.10- problem

Jan Wiśniewski janek.torun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 18:53:54 UTC 2010

Hello.

Few moths ago I bought a netbook and installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04
LTS. Everything was OK.

In October, when new version of Ubuntu had appeared, I decided to actualize
my OS to 10.10 (Netbook version, of course). This procces took about 2 hours
without problems. But when I had launched my computer after this process (in
sesion Netbook Remix- like in 10.04), I saw only a coursor and black screen.
After few minutes, I saw an information "No system tray detected on this
system. Unable to start, exiting.". After I had switched off my computer, I
had problems to run Ubuntu correctly. Finally, I did it, but now I work on
session Desktop (10.10). It's OK, but not all programs run in apropriate
screen resolution 1024x600, which I use.

So, my question is: What I have to do to run session Netbook Remix without
problems- correctly?

Please help me
John

PS Please forgive me gramatical mistakes (if happened)- I'm from Poland.