x64

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Nov 5 16:14:56 UTC 2010

On Friday, November 05, 2010 6:23:21 am KD wrote:
> Bob Schmidt <bob58523 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > I know that this has probably been discussed numerous times on this list
> > already, but I have installed x64 ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop only to find
> > that many apps won't run because this is x64. Is there a way, a patch or
> > something to do that will allow x86 apps to run on x64 systems.
>
> Installing ia32-libs with your favourite package management tool might
> help.
>
> BTW: You dramatically increase the chances of getting useful answers by not
> hijacking a completely unrelated thread. If you press reply when viewing
> some arbitrary message, you *will* create a reply to this message - even
> if you change the subject. To start a new thread, create a completely new
> message to ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com.
> I, for one, did see your post only by accident.

I for two, also saw it by accident.  I was in the process of deleting the
original OT thread.  I have so far stayed with a 32 bit system until most
complaints of things not working go away!  I guess it is still not time for me
to go to 64 bit!!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403