Ipod / Rhythmbox problem with 10.10

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 5 01:00:43 UTC 2010

On 11/04/2010 03:59 PM, Freddy Van Ingelgom wrote:
> I installed (fresh install) Ubuntu 10.10 on a brand new desktop computer. On
> my laptop I still run 10.04. I use Rhythmbox on both computers to transfer
> music and podcast to my Ipod, but with the 10.10 version I am unable to
> listen to the transferred music via the earphones, while I can listen to the
> music via the USB connection with the computer and Rhythmbox.
> Has anyone else experienced this problem? Did you find a solution?
> With version 10.04 and Rhythmbox I do not experience this problem.
> Thanks for any help!

Depending upon your hardware, you may be running into an issue similar
to what I had with lucid & maverick (now fixed):

[[HP G60]0x103c360b Conexant CX20583 (Pebble HSF) Internal mic not
functional]

I (currently) now have no issues on the on the laptop w/headphones/mic
in lucid or maverick. ipod touch 8G connected via usb & playing on
Rhythmbox now.