up waiting for root device.

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 4 00:14:28 UTC 2010

On 11/03/2010 03:51 PM, juan hernandez wrote:
> Hello i have karmic koala and when i turn on the machine show me this message:
> gave up waiting for root device. Common problems: boot args ( cat
> /proc/cmdline )
> check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
> check root=(did the system wait for the right device?
> Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
> ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuidle6119541-b2c8-41f2-8930-246e98a92458 does not
> exist. Dropping to a shell!
> thank you in advance, grettings!

Have a look at:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q="Missing+modules+(cat+%2Fproc%2Fmodules%3B+ls+%2Fdev)"&btnG=Search>

It will also be helpful if you can provide additional
information/details; i.e., was it working properly before, did you do a
recent update/upgrade, can you boot into recovery mode, etc., etc.