souce of gcc

eric lin fsshl at luxmail.com
Wed Nov 3 02:49:47 UTC 2010

dear ubuntu user:

  Are there any apt-get command method to get gcc 4.4.3 's source code?
actually I download gcc 4.4-2010102.tar.bz2, and i went to gcc subdirectory, configure
then make
I get error
---------------------

gcc -c  -g  -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wold-style-definition -Wc++-compat
-Wmissing-format-attribute       -pedantic       -Wno-long-long
-Wno-variadic-macros  -Wno-overlength-strings   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DGENERATOR_FILE   -I.  -Ibuild  -I.  -I./build  -I./../include
-I./../libcpp/include  -I./../libdecnumber -I./../libdecnumber/bid
-I../libdecnumber    -o build/errors.o errors.c
build/genmodes -h > tmp-modes.h
/bin/bash: build/genmodes: No such file or directory
make: *** [s-modes-h] Error 127
---------on unbuntu10.04, gcc 4.4.3

the reason I like to test or try the new gcc compiler is becasue when I copy a piece of code/example in chapter 12 of book "Programming-Principle and Practice Using C++" 4th Ed. by
Mr. Bjarne Stroustrup, about "display model", which further using fltk 's lib, that book show it work on Microsoft platform(visual c++), but I keep difficult to compile it on my gcc4.4.3 /ubuntu-linux platform
although it maybe because that program still not "rigorous correct" enough, I found gcc camp have responsibility.  the bigest problem I discover is
name ambiguous
same name "Window" used in X11 and GUI.h, that gcc 4.4.3 can not disolve, all that books code can be found by the following link:

 http://www.stroustrup.com/Programming/Programming-code2.zip

it comewith's fltk 1.1.9 is not Make able.  Fltk forum programers
suggest using 1.1.10, 1.3, 2.0 to install and compile, www.fltk.org

looking to hear any advancer/programers's help and thx your time a lot in advance, eric, fsshl at luxmail.com