WICD setup for Wireless connection...???

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 2 15:52:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 09:05:34 -0500
Larry Shields wrote:

> > Have you got wpasupplicant installed?
> >
> > - Richard.
> >
> *Hi Richard - - To answer your question, yes I do have it installed...

OK. Well I don't use WICD myself, but I've had plenty of problems getting
wireless connections working.  In the end, I concluded that the problem was
due to the keyring thingy.  Having entered my wpa key in the network
manager setup, it wasn't obvious to me that I also had to enter it again in
the window that pops up just after you log on.  To begin with I thought it
was asking me for my user password and entered that. That didn't work, and
I wasn't offered another chance until I opted for the Microsoft solution and
re-booted.  After I entered the wpa key again, everything worked. Maybe your
problem is something like this?

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber