Unity Interface in 10.10 Netbook Edition

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 2 04:22:49 UTC 2010

On 01/11/2010 16:25, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 19:47 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
>

>> Change *for* *the* *better* is something everybody expects when they
>> upgrade to the latest version of software.
>>
> What seems to be missing from our lexicon is the phrase "The Right
> Thing". Anything that interrupts me getting my machine to do as I wish
> it to, is not "The Right Thing".
>
> OTOH, I hated and spit on the ground pulseaudio walked on, for a very
> long time. Now, I love it. Like KDE 4.0, maybe it had to be unleashed on
> the user base until what it was supposed to become, became through the
> users being involved. But, God Almighty, it has been painful. Now, it's
> not as bad as it was, but still clunky, according to my perceptions.
> But, I use it.
>
> While this is usually classified as OT, it is our place to get to "The
> Right Thing" through consensus. Ric

I cannot remember which of your founding fathers stated that democracy
is crap - which is why you don't have a democracy but a republic (well,
whatever it is called) :-) .

You will never get consensus in a "community" (ever read the Mars
Trilology? :-) ).

The best you can do is to have people voting with their feet - which is
what I did with another distro.

And if what I think is now happening with Ubuntu......"these boots were
made for walking"......

BC

--

"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."
                                         Confucius