Safely Remove Drive needed twice

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 2 01:55:14 UTC 2010

On 02/11/2010 07:31, Mark wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>
>> On 01/11/2010 08:42, Mark wrote:
>>
>> Methinks something is really seriously going off the rails here.......
>>
>> Nautilus file manager and file browser are one and the same. Look in the
>> Synaptic Package Manager and you will find that the latest Nautilus is
>> 2.30.1.
>>

> Well, yes and no.  There are command line options passed in to the
> file browser that are a) not the same as those passed in to the file
> manager (i.e., none), and b) apparently without those command line
> options, you can't shift from the FM mode to the FB mode at all.
>
> I'm not home at the moment, so I can't check the Nautilus version, but
> I'm running U10.10, so I expect it _is_ the latest, or close enough.
>

>> You don't have some other version hanging around as a leftover from an
>> earlier installation of Ubuntu?
>>

> Nope - went straight from CentOS 5.5 to Ubuntu 10.10.
>

>> Here is what the Nautilus Launcher looks like:
>>
>> http://picpaste.com/nautilus-launcher-P1zrP5sa.png
>>

> Except for the colors, yep, that's it.  I suspect it's the --browser
> option that makes the difference.  Apparently the default when
> double-clicking an icon in the file manager, or from Places is the
> File Manager.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Mark

I's slowly losing my grey-matter..... :-) .

Here is what the Launcher for the File Manager looks like:

http://picpaste.com/file_manager-0GgLrlNn.png

Now, do ALT-F2 and type in 'nautilus'. What do you get?

BC

--
"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."
                                         Confucius