Safely Remove Drive needed twice

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 1 00:42:29 UTC 2010

On 01/11/2010 08:42, Mark wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>
>> OK, my mistake: it should have read Side Pane.
>>

> Still not there.
>

>> Alright, there is more than one way to skin a cat........when in
>> Nautilus, press F9.
>>

> Does nothing.
>
> Ah, I see - you are referring to the Nautilus File Browser app - I
> have been using the Nautilus File Manager app.  For reasons that
> escape me, they appear to be completely different while being almost
> exactly the same....
>
> Fascinating, and really weird.
>
> Now it all makes sense, well, except for why there are two different
> aspects to Nautilus that are so different.
>
> Mark

Methinks something is really seriously going off the rails here.......

Nautilus file manager and file browser are one and the same. Look in the
Synaptic Package Manager and you will find that the latest Nautilus is
2.30.1.

You don't have some other version hanging around as a leftover from an
earlier installation of Ubuntu?

Here is what the Nautilus Launcher looks like:

http://picpaste.com/nautilus-launcher-P1zrP5sa.png

BC

--
"Ning Yu displayed his wisdom while the country followed System, but when it did not, he acted stupid. His wisdom is achievable by others, his stupidity is not."
                                         Confucius