10.04 on Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 - DG43NB motherboard

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Sun May 30 15:41:41 UTC 2010

I've been running 9.10 desktop fine.  10.04 runs, but, the Intel
graphics drivers don't work.  The screen goes blank and I can't even get
it to boot recovery mode.  The CD checks out ok.  10.04 works fine on my
Intel DG35EC board.  I have to stay with 9.10 until I can get a 10.04
desktop image to boot properly.  This is a production desktop and must
run every day for work.  I've read about a couple of work-arounds but
they are complicated and may cause other problems.  My question is, will
these drivers ever get fixed and put into the iso for download?  Or will
have to wait and see what happens with 10.10?

Thanks for any advice,
Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (275)