Problems after re-installing Lucid

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sun May 30 15:26:56 UTC 2010

OK. I have re-installed Lucid keeping my old /home and putting
everything else in a single root partition.

The good news is that it boots!

Unfortunately I have a problem with Gnome.  The program windows
have no border and no window controls.  So I cannot minimise,
maximise or close them (except where there is a menu entry) or
resize them.  I have gone to Appearance and selected the Ambiance
theme and then to Customize and selected the Window style, but it
has no affect.  How do I fix it.

Also the Language selection does not work.  It complains that it
cannot find gt-language-selector.

Tony