Goodbye Linux/Ubuntu

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Sun May 30 10:19:17 UTC 2010

On 05/29/2010 10:51 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 30/05/10 05:28, ABSDoug wrote:
>
>> --- On Sat, 5/29/10, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>   wrote:
>>

>>> I probably missed this piece of information, but has anyone
>>> asked you
>>> which kernel you are using in 10.04 which is giving you
>>> this problem?
>>> After you install 10.04 there are upgrades to be done, and
>>> one of them
>>> upgrades the kernel. Have you upgraded to the latest kernel
>>> or still
>>> with the 'original'? Asking because it does seem that there
>>> is a timing
>>> problem causing you your problem and mentioning in your bug
>>> report which
>>> kernel you are running could be of help in resolving your
>>> issue.
>>>

>> I did all the updates... it's the 1st thing I do after an install.
>>

> I just came across this in another forum. Could this be what is causing
> you the problem (to do with the new protocol ipv6)?:
>
> http://wojox.homelinux.org/?p=46
>
> BC

*Just too see, I went to this site to see what this was all about..I
looked at my /etc/default/grub script, it appears to not even mention
any line with ipv6 in it...

Now maybe it did when it was first installed, so after updating the
system with kernel 2.6.32-22-generic, it has been removed...

It is a good thing to check, for those that do have a problem...

Larry
*