Plymouth and linux boot process

don fisher hdf3 at comcast.net
Sat May 29 23:35:36 UTC 2010

Is there any documentation on Plymouth? I downloaded the source and
looked at the doc directory, where there was a single man page that said
about nothing:-(

1.  If I have to wait for the system to boot, I would like to see the
boot commands and possible error messages. I do not understand looking a
a picture.

2.  After the boot, I would like to access the login prompt. There are
things I prefer to do in server mode than from a GUI.

I realize can access server mode by using one of the alternate logins,
such as ALT-F2. But this and the command display should be easier. What
happened to quiet splash?

Thanks,
don