Hi! I'm new to UBUNTU!

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat May 29 14:23:40 UTC 2010

On 29/05/10 23:05, Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 05/28/2010 08:39 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

>> Thanx for the apt-get command lone.  I also have a problem getting apt-
>> get to do anything, it just hangs....
>>
>> Sent from my iPod
>>

>> Umm, would I be overstating the bleeding obvious if I stated that the apt-get command is really "sudo apt-get......"?
>>
>> BC
>>

>       When you TRY to help a person it's a rule to give the person a
> whole function, like this:
>
>       In a terminal type $ sudo apt-get install filename
>
> Is that too hard for a smart person to do?

I have never claimed to be a smart person so the question you ask does
not apply to me.

On the other hand I would have expected a smart person such as yourself
to have come up with the appropriate command line statement long before
this stage to help the OP to try and solve his problem.

BTW (in case you don't know what BTW stands for, BTW stands for *B*y
*T*he *W*ay), what is your suggestion to type "sudo apt-get install
filename" on a command line supposed to actually achieve? I've tried the
command *exactly* as you suggested and got absolutely nowhere :'( .
You're a really great help :-( .

BC

--
Attorney:   How was your first marriage terminated?
Witness:    By death.