Hi! I'm new to UBUNTU! - hijacked from: Goodbye Linux/Ubuntu

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat May 29 14:06:24 UTC 2010

On 05/29/2010 07:29 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 29 May 2010 14:19, Karl Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> It works ok for me.  Have you enabled the Partner repository?
>>>
>>> Colin
>>>

>>         No idea.
>>
> Are you really trying to tell us after all these years using Ubuntu
> that you do not know about enabling repositories?  Go to System,
> Administration, Software Sources, Other Software and check that the
> ubuntu partner repository is enabled.

         It was not enabled. After giving my password I was able to put
a check before ubuntu partner and I am now getting the desired software.
I checked all the things in Other software and it complained that some
were too old.

     You also need to remember how to say yes and ok in a terminal
window. I tried Tab-Enter and that worked.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User