Goodbye Linux/Ubuntu

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Sat May 29 13:05:36 UTC 2010

On 05/29/2010 12:20 AM, ABSDoug wrote:
> --- On Fri, 5/28/10, Larry Shields<larryesu at charter.net>  wrote:
>
> It's a learning curve for all of us, so hand in there, my friend you'll
> get it, I am sure...
>
> Larry
>
> Thanks for all your kind words Larry. I hope I can end up giving back as much as I've gotten!

*I know that you will, it just takes time, in learning the In's & outs
of linux...I myself learn by others advice on how too do this, or
that...Even still I learn most from more experienced users, on there
comments to others...Just by reading some if I'm interested in, then try
it out to see what happens...

Like I said, I have a folder which I save all of the linux commands in,
since there are so many it is hard to remember them, that way I can
refer back to them, instead of asking here on the list as to how to do
this or that... ;-)

I think that a lot of new user problems are there own, by not reading,
or installing the dependences that are needed for the program to work...

Most users are so use to windoze, download a program, then finding out
that it does not work, or has corrupted there register file, so they are
left with a crippled system...

Then what, if they know how to fix it, they are lucky, if not then they
do a reinstall again, and again, been there done that...Plus WIN is a
memory hog, stuff runs so slow, when I use it, only! because of apps
that have not been ported over to linux...

Linux will do much more than WINDOZE ever thought of doing, I can be
running XASTIR, in one workspace, do what ever in a few more
screens...It just runs great for me, that is why I have stayed with it
over the years...

Yes I can go on, and on, but I will quite for now...I am sure if you are
going to run a Linux OS, you will like it as time goes on, it just takes
some time though reading, listening to what others say and you will get
a good working system...

Have a Great day!!!

Larry
*