Hi! I'm new to UBUNTU! - hijacked from: Goodbye Linux/Ubuntu

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat May 29 11:39:28 UTC 2010

On 29 May 2010 12:27, Calcpage <calcpage at aol.com> wrote:
> OOPs, sorry, I had no idea I was "hijacking" anything.  I been on
> several listservs over the years and never had a problem starting a
> new thread from an old one.  So, to start a new one I have to login to
> the listserv's website?

No, just start a new email, don't open an existing one and change the
subject.  The more sophisticated email readers use thread information
in the email headers to link a thread up rather than using the subject
line, so opening an existing email and changing the subject does not
start a new thread but adds to the old one.

Bye the way it is preferred not to top post in this list.  Insert your
new comments at the appropriate point in the previous mail in thread.
That makes it easier to follow what is going on.

Colin