Creation of RAID via preseed/kickstart Ubuntu server 10.04LTS

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri May 28 16:33:44 UTC 2010

Tom H wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher
> <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
>>> I tried doing a manual install and generating the preseed with
>>> “debconf-get-selections --installer > file” but sadly enough it did not
>>> record me clearing and creating partitions.
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how I can achieve this?
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-boot@lists.debian.org/msg94995.html
>>
>> Have a go at that and let us know if it works. :P
>
> I *think* that this is one of the pages that I read at some point last
> week. I was so over-preseeded and over-partman*ed by then that I
> haven't looked at this stuff since.

Wish I had found that page back in 2008...preseed takes the crown for
most complicated automated installation solution. I didn't have much
time to soak in it then.

> This config uses "/dev/discs/disc0/part1" for "/dev/sda1" but there
> are other examples that use "/dev/sda1" itself (I *think* by same
> Black Cat Networks author!). I guess that I will find which one works
> (or whether both work) once I run my test...

I hope it works for you. Last when I looked at this, the
ubuntu-installer maintainer said raid + lvm preseeding was not
supported...not without the hacks in that post anyway. He said he was
going to work on raid+lvm for both d-i and ubuntu-installer...