moving attached (embedded) email to mail folder

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Fri May 28 13:30:55 UTC 2010

I am looking for a mail client, or a Thunderbird plugin, with a very
specific feature.

Sometimes I get emails that are forwarded as attachment (.eml files).
I want to save the attached emails, not on the filesystem, but in the mail
folder, and of course preserving all original mail headers.

The only mail client that enables me to do this, is Microsoft Outlook.
With MS Outlook up to 2003 I can select all attached mails at once and
move them to a mail folder inside the mail client. With Outlook 2007 and
2010 I have to do this for every individual email.
This does not happen often (once or twice per week) but I don't like
starting up a VM each time.

Already tried Thunderbird, Evolution, Kmail, Claws and Squirrelmail.

--
Amedee