Goodbye Linux/Ubuntu

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri May 28 08:11:47 UTC 2010

On 05/28/2010 03:23 PM, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Friday, May 28, 2010 02:59 PM, Goh Lip wrote:

>>> Ugh! How can anybody understand that dialect!? Half Mandarin, half
>>> Cantonese my dad says but it's all alien to me.
>>
>> That's why I suggested to NoOp to drop you know there, knowing your luv
>> of these people. Well, I suppose you prefer to be crass uncouth Brit (no
>> offence to Brits) rather than a kindly wise Hakka gentleman. But I doubt
>> any nationality would want to have their culture despoiled.
>
> Well, my dad is anything but a kindly wise Hakka gentleman although he
> tries very hard to look like one. In fact, he probably makes most Brits
> look pale in comparison with respects to being crass and uncouth.

Well, now, we do not really want to insult the rest of the world now, do
we? After all, they did give us marmite on toast.

Must
> have been his horrid days in mainland China before he 'escaped' to Hong
> Kong. Too bad his time in Hong Kong and elsewhere in the world has done
> nothing for him. But then you know any therapy for witnessing mass
> cannibalism for the sake of not being targeted?

Cannibalism? Mass? I think your father is pulling your leg. But I do
remember my Hong Kong friends whose history lesson was such that they
learned Hong Kong was lost due to trade war with Britain. When asked
what product was in dispute, they said 'tea'. Ha ha! So, I will not
fault you your 'british' brainwashing.

>> Thanks for reminding me what a nice person I am.
>>

> Glad you have a nice family background without grandparents being
> murdered or being targeted by a regime that knows nothing of morals.

Save for you the sun don't shine? Try the streets of London.

> Alright, now where's my Karl Larsen II badge?

He may have his idiosyncrasies but one cannot say he's not a nice
person. For that, I cannot dislike him. I'll rather wear his badge than
yours.

Anyway, Christopher, lighten up. We all have our faults. Just be careful
we are not judgmental (lest we be judged?)

Take care - Goh Lip