Downloading Flash in Firefox

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Mon May 24 03:58:47 UTC 2010

Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> On Sunday, May 23, 2010 05:46:23 pm NoOp wrote:
>> On 05/23/2010 03:11 PM, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
>> That looks correct to me. When you say "I'm back to the blank space on
>> the screen where the flash content should display" what specific
>> url/webpage are you trying? If you can provide the url/link others can
>> test as well.
>
> It really couldn't get any more vanilla. *ANY* video on youtube has the
> problem. Here's the current suggested one.

I was also having the problem of "you need to upgrade your flash
version" before I posted the remove and install steps for flash that
worked for me.

If I were in your case, since you have been using apt (or aptitude) all
this while, I would do the following:
1. Find out what flash related stuff is installed:
$> dpkg -l *flash* | grep ^i

This command will output the list of packages with flash in it. Please
post it here.

2. Next, I will remove all the packages that are related to flash player
(you may confirm here by posting the list in Step 1).

3. Then install the flash in the steps that I posted in my earlier post
in this thread.

Steps 1 should get rid of any packages that you may installed after the
browser prompted you to click on the Adobe Flash installer and you would
then start with a  ... clean slate, if you may.

ever having been read.