Torrents killing my internet connection

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon May 24 03:06:54 UTC 2010

> 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
> RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 02)

Hmm, getting hot it seems.

You are using a Lan connection when torrenting right?

I would say that you need to post the output of the relevant bits of
dmesg after you lose your connection again. In the past, there have been
very hard to pin down kernel routing cache bugs and a lack of update or
something driver bug for Realtek that can cause this but I believe they
have been fixed quite some time ago...