Can't boot Lucid after upgrade from Karmic

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sat May 22 22:18:02 UTC 2010

Hi Karl

On 22 May 2010 at 13:53, Karl Larsen wrote:

> On 05/22/2010 01:28 PM, NoOp wrote:
> > On 05/22/2010 09:12 AM, Tony Pursell wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All
> >>
> >> Since I upgraded my desktop from Karmic to Lucid I cannot boot into Ubuntu. Please tell us in detail what you see in your system. What does Grub say when you try to boot up? Does it see any Linux or Windows partitions?
>      Here is a wayout thing to try if you see no systems at all. It
> involves a LiveCD of 10.04 and mounting your hard drive to the LiveCD.
>
> 73 Karl

Have a look at my bug

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/573776

It shows all I know about the boot. Did you want to know what the
GRUB boot params are?

The live CD (actually a UBS stick) works OK.  And I can mount all my
hard drive partitions.  There is a lot more information in my original
post.

Tony