Problemm to install NDT Network Diagnostic Tool in Ubuntu 10.04

scott redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com
Fri May 21 09:50:49 UTC 2010

On 05/21/2010 05:37 AM, scott wrote:
> On 05/20/2010 11:53 PM, Guillermo O. Burastero wrote:
>> Ref.: Problemm to install NDT Network Diagnostic Tool in Ubuntu 10.04
>>
>> I'd could not install NDT (Network Diagnostic Tool)
>> http://www.internet2.edu/performance/ndt/index.html
>>
>> I'm using linux kernel 2.6.32-22
>>
>> Thanks in advance for some help.
>>
> How did you attempt to install it? Wget the tarball and then: tar -xgfv
> ndt-3.6.2b.tar.gz ?

My bad. Try this command: gunzip -c ndt-3.6.2b.tar.gz |tar xvf -
Replace the version I stated with whatever version you're using.

Then cd into the directory you just unpacked it into. Cat the INSTALL
file and you find that you need the Web100 kernel patch from
http://www.web100.org amongst many other requisites.