Double click link?

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Wed May 19 19:11:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010 19:55:51 -0400
Bob Hickey <hickster711 at gmail.com> uttered these words:

> Whenever I click onto a link for Gmail or Yahoo etc, I double-click,
> get an Error message, then double-click again, then it works. Is
> there a fix for this or is it just a bug? Thanx, Bob H.

Do you have a hosts list running and/or a proxy?  You won't get any
connection (I presume that is what you wish).

The best source of a blocking hosts list I've found is:

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/

Just add it under the existing information in /etc/hosts and make sure
the line in the hosts file which starts

127.0.0.1		localhost

is commented out (so this appears only once in the new file).

For a filtering proxy, I'd go for privoxy but I find it even stronger
when threaded with polipo, another useful filtering proxy, available in
the universe repository.

--
Graham Todd