No mail from Ubuntu-users for several days

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Wed May 19 15:47:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010 23:29:07 +0800
Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:

> (Your) this message got on the list.

Interesting.  I see on the archives that my messages are getting
through.

> Cybe, I don't use Claws, so I am just guessing here.
> Some email clients have their own 'idiosyncrasies'. For example,
> gmail will not send a duplicate of the mails, and may thread
> separately. Thunderbird will not send to other email addresses (your
> own), if they are in the list of email address in your own list. IMAP
> and newsgroup accounts can play havoc if same email is listed at
> normal accounts.

There has been a recent upgrade of Claws-mail.  I'll check that but it
has never been so before.  Still, good point.

> Pop account emails may not be downloaded to email clients (like
> claws) if filters are set such that they are sent not to the inbox
> but to a different folder. This is most likely the case in yours, you
> may want to remove your filter at mindspring and let the filter be
> set at claws instead. See if this helps.

Doubtful as I don't use their (earthlink/mindspring) web mail nor do I
have any filters set there except for spam filtering which is /not/
catching the ubuntu-users mail, for sure.  It is the first thing I
checked. Neither is Claws-mail catching ubu as spam.  I will remove my
filter of ubu mail into its own folder and see if that helps.

I know I responded directly to you after your first message but, now
that I know my mail is reaching the list, I will remove your direct
mail after this post if any more are necessary.  And I'm sorry for the
direct mail.

> Regards - Goh Lip

Once again, thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs