CyberPower UPS Question

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed May 19 15:46:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Barry Premeaux <bpremeaux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Power Management seems to see the UPS.  It does offer various options
> for actions to take relative to status of the UPS.  There is nothing
> in the application that presents the current status of the UPS which
> would thus indicate that it is actually seeing the UPS and talking to
> it.
>
> The Cyberpower application actually gives you the current status in
> addition to configuration options.  Although it lacks a GUI interface,
> it does present you with realtime information about the UPS.  I find
> that very helpful.

Yep, I can see why you'd prefer the OEM app, was just curious if you'd
seen the built in.

For status info using the built in system you turn on the applet in
the upper panel (that option is there in Power Management too) and it
will give you a basic amount of charge indication.

Thanks for letting me know what you found out.

Brian

--
Hey, it's your computer.... isn't it?