10.04 upgrade problem: typo3-database

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Tue May 18 15:56:08 UTC 2010

While upgrading to 10.04, I hit a problem with typo3-database.  When I
typed in a reasonably complex password during the configure, I got
"Access denied for user root at localhost using password YES"
To complete the installation I eventually used the 'ignore' option and got
warnings about it not being installed and my system might be unstable.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is typo3-database important? Are there major consequences in not having it?
I.e. do I need to spend a lot of time finding out how to install it, or can
I just ignore it?  The machine is working OK so far.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources: UK General Election 2010