Incremental backups

Maxime Alarie malarie at processia.com
Tue May 18 14:11:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

I use Karmic 9.1 server, no UI!

I have a server with about 40GB of important documents  on it.  I have
setup a cronjob to backup a  filesystem  every night.. But now I would
like to implement incremental backups every day. Because its starting to
take too much space..

The way I do it at the moment is  that I tar.gz the file system  and
then I rsync to  sdb1. Once a week I rsync sdb1 with an external
disk...

I wondering if any of you know a good way to  setup incremental backups
using nothing but the shell, since I have no UI on that server..

Thanks.