CyberPower UPS Question

Luis Paulo luis.barbas at gmail.com
Tue May 18 01:13:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Barry Premeaux <bpremeaux at gmail.com> wrote:
> I picked up a CyberPower CP1500AVR UPS.  APCUPSD knows its there but
> won't talk to it.  So far, my google attempts have come up empty.  Can
> anyone point me in the right direction?  If possible, I would like to
> not only monitor it, but also have the PC shutdown after a given
> amount of time on backup.
>
> Barry

A bit off your question, just to say that I use the nut package
(http://www.networkupstools.org/features/) with my usb Mustek UPS.

I took a look at its driver list page and yours is listed
http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html

I don't know http://www.apcupsd.com/ software, neither I know
cyberpower's. They may do more than nut. If so, my apologies to waste
your time

Final note, those drivers for nut exist on the last stable version,
older versions may not have them. Hardy's nut version don't support my
model, Karmic does.

I've followed mostly the way of the article:
http://blog.shadypixel.com/monitoring-a-ups-with-nut-on-debian-or-ubuntu-linux/
(the non-graphical/non-hal way, but I got the web interface not mentioned there)

Regards
Luis